Saturday, February 13, 2016

Music Mania



Music is a part of our lives. It soothes your brain and calm it down, sympathises with your mood and relaxes you, acts as a medicine and help you to overcome grief. So on an so forth.

To describe the genre of music I would say I really dont have a fixed one. I like to listen to soft music mostly but during anxiety or joyful mood its the drumbeats that uplifts them. If I am at my singing class , classical music is what I feel I should rehearse more . I feel mesmerized by the sound of strings caused by the tanpura , the music of flute and never forget to thank the Almighty for this creations.

As I get stuck in the traffic while returning home the soft melodies of 80s and 90s never fail to grip me even I am thorough with their lyrics. Again I find myself dancing to the beats of the sound when I am in a jolly mood. This reminds me of a friend who relaxes mostly by plugging her earphones and dancing to the tune. Sad songs are another favourite of mine. I find great depths of emotions, voice and lyrics in them. It makes you think and related to your personal life.

Music has no limits, no bounds, no gender, no religion. It is simply wonderful in its own way. The day I am writing this post is Saraswati Puja and as an offering to God I simply pulled out my harmonium and sang whatever I felt like. It made my soul enriched with a sense of comfort and pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...