Friday, May 29, 2015

Why did you leave?

"I am sorry Anita but we can no longer be friends as we used to be. Something between us was more than friendship and now that you are marrying someone else I think it will be more accurate step at this moment" with tears in her eyes Anita is reminded of the words of Joy as she stares at an old pic of their friends group which somebody has posted on facebook.

With a smile on her lips she asks a simple question to herself "what have I done to deserve a punishment? Joy never told me he had a liking towards me and I never knew. I chose someone else. But in turn I had to sacrifice such a beautiful friendship. How much I miss our jokes, laughter, hanging out in groups, playing pranks on each other. Why on all earth do I have to suffer for something I have not done?"

Her anguish was further elevated by her mother-in law switching on the television where a Jagjit Singh's ghazal was being played
         "Yahi hota hain to akhir yehi hota kyun hain
           Yahi duniya hain to phir aisi yeh duniya kyun hain"

12 comments:

  1. Life is like that I suppose. You never get what you want. Sad :(
    Following you to read more and hope to connect with you on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Perhaps, that's the irony of life, we learn it with the pain.
    Regards, Tanishq.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sab hote hain waqt waqt waisa nahi hota..
    Warna koi apni mohabbat kyu aansuon sa khota..
    Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. People should take chances for their feelings even if they are 1%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. precise and beautiful...would love to read more from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...