Friday, December 25, 2015

Life is all about Reinventing oneself

I was reading an article in the newspaper few days back where it was written that Life is all about constantly inventing yourself. I pondered for a minute to think what have I invented in me. What is it that I have found a knack. To that my mind replied that you had a passion for writing and reading and yes not to forget your singing.

As I recollected my life events I found music is a real passion nowadays which I would always love to go back whenever time permits. I started my training at the age of 4. I left it midway due to enormous pressure on studies. I restarted it again after marriage. Those were the days when my mother used to scold me for not practicing enough. And I was too reluctant to follow. And now even if I am too tired the urge inside me compels me to sit atleast 15-20 minutes and practice. The urge becomes more when I hear soothing classical based songs and think that I can sing it too if I give the effort.But yes things are not easy nowadays. At a young age the voice was powerful enough as it was taking its shape. Now I have to put a lot of effort to sing flawlessly. No matter how much I try there are bound to be flaws. Still I dont lose hope. A song sung in a satisfied manner gives me much pleasure and calmness than anything else. Its just a feeling that the voice is afterall not lost. Somewhere it gives me hope to sing confidently in front of people. Though I have most of the time received praises for my singing, its still my inner feeling which is too a perfectionist demands a  better voice every time. Its just like my own challenge to myself in order to be a better me and nourish the God gifted skill.

If Life is all about reinventing ourselves we can always follow a different path or traverse a path never taken or less travelled to discover a new and better oneself.

2 comments:

  1. True, life is all about reinventing oneself. May there always be music in your life now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up your effort! And keep reinventing yourself, then there will never be a dearth of happiness in life. All the best, dear.

    ReplyDelete

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...