Saturday, January 23, 2016

My dear Kindle

I was casually watching mobile phones on E-Zone 2 years back when I happened to see the kindle placed near it and people are scrutinizing it. I felt like "how can a device replace the feeling of a book" and thought it to be a waste of money.

1 year later when I was worried with the constant increase in my number of books and scarcity of places to keep them did my husband suggest to go for a kindle. I am a very slow reader as owing to day to day stress leaves me very lil time with myself. Yet book is my necessity. I cannot live without it. Together we thought of buying it with a purpose of reducing cost . I am not comfortable reading e-books on laptop or mobile. But e-books do save money as many are freely available on net.

The day it arrived I was delighted to see such a sleek and attractive thing. I had no problem in inserting my pdfs into it. Its better if you have it in azw3 or mobi format. The readability becomes much better. In one word I can describe my experience to be wonderful. It has its own in-built light and can be adjusted as per need. Its so light weight that it can be carried anywhere specially if you are travelling. I carry few hundreds of books and flip through some of them as per my mood. I even buy books from amazon and also free sample of any books are available before buying.

My kindle is one of my best buys and I am very grateful to it. The battery never dies. Though it depend upon your usage, brightness and wifi, it lasts for weeks not just days. I must say I have saved a lot of money by downloading ebooks and converting them online and finally putting into my kindle. Many would still say that nothing is compared to the hardcopy. Yet this digital device is best compared to any other devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...