Saturday, August 27, 2016

I,me, myself

I,me,myself is the thought that crosses my mind when I relax after a day of hard work reflecting back on the lessons I have learnt so far. It is absolutely true that no one knows me better than myself. No one can understand my pain better than me. So when people become judgemental about me I tend to retrace step backwards coiling into my shell thus avoiding to share anything more.

I read many articles and blogs where I found people have written that we ask our mirror, we dress to get noticed because we dont know who we are. No, we want to be appreciated. Thats our inherent desire. We dress good to look good, to feel good and if someone appreciates  bingo! thats exactly we want. If thats not the case why would we spring to our defense if someone says anything negative about the same dress? Do we gladly accept and say yes, it is horrible? No.

Till few months back I was in search of few wise men/women who would tell me how I am. What my character is? Do I make a good human being? A good friend? It was like I needed an approval to be me. But from bits and pieces of opinions that I gathered from people around me , my ego immediately gave a disapproval. Hence I concluded that they have not faced situations as I have or since we are different human beings our stimuli responds differently. Thus there is no such wise man/woman whom I am searching. Even if I get them I wont believe them. It is me who can answer all the questions I have.

To describe me in 1 sentence - " a stupid common woman who keeps on faltering and learning"

8 comments:

  1. Amazing post Angel. I loved the way you framed the questions. Don't call yourself stupid cause somewhere there you know that you deserve to be described in a better way......And yes, by the way, I too am on blogadda...Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your final realization tallies with mine. Each of us is a different human being with different experiences, different upbringing, different approach to life. Each has his or her own good qualities and flaws;each has his or her own thought process that keeps changing according to the situations he or she faces in life. So, no third person can ever judge us. No one can gauge the depth of our pain or our emotions. We all need to discover our true essence. We need to have regular one-to-one conversation with our inner self;we need to be our own mentor and keep working on ourselves. And, while we do so, we need to free ourselves from all bias or prejudice. Standing apart, we have to be a silent observer of each of our thoughts and actions, and then work on them. Experience makes us wiser if only we try to take the lesson. Seclusion helps a lot indeed, for it provides the opportunity to introspect and the the loose ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aunty. Your comment means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Aunty. Your comment means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course there is nothing stupid about faltering and learning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks sunaina.. I am stupid enough to commit the same mistakes again though

    ReplyDelete

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...