Friday, August 28, 2015

Book Review: Mrs Funnybones

I read once in an article that a book is almost like your boyfriend. You take it everywhere and dont mind flipping a few pages you get time. And once a book ends you fanatically search for a second one hoping it to be equally interesting.

I was in such a phase when I saw the book launch news of Mrs Funnybones by none other than a Bollywood celebrity Twinkle Khanna. I didnt know she can write but yes read a few reviews that she has an amazing wit and sense of humor. I thought of giving it a try. I bought it in my kindle and started reading it every night before going to bed.

If I have to review the book as a whole in one word then I would say it is not upto the mark. The book has a caption "Mrs FunnyBones : she is somewhat like you and a lot like me". Well its all about Twinkle Khanna and some of her thoughts on day to day activities. Starting from getting up in the morning to retiring at bed she has told some of her life experiences which was somewhat funny and sarcastic. The entire book is not her autobiography completely but a peek to her private world and her lavish lifestyles. It is about how she manages her office and her family even after being such a celebrity.

All in all the book is average read for people who have a hunger for knowing loads. An okay-okay types for those who prefer light read. And definitely a wonderful achievement if you are a Twinkle Khanna fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...