Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Few more hours is all I need

One of the discussion topics that happened in a gathering of old school friends after a couple of years, was the statement "I wish I had more than 24 hrs in a day."

To that one friend replied that it might mean more hours at office. But the wish for extra time was purely for personal purpose.

For all the working women out there it takes more than half of the day at office and travelling. You wake up in the morning to go to office. You return at night to go to bed and the routine continues.

What if we could get some extra hours so that we can spend talking with parents who longed for their children to do so. We could devote some time for ourselves to do something that interests us. We could connect with our old friends or relatives staying far away.

But alas things will not be so. We will huddle and try to keep everything in place all at a time,which is impossible. Thus we go on curtailing those important things as they occupy lower position in our priority list.Some days we are too tired to speak to our parents. Weekends also bring loads of pending work. Thus our interest seems to take a backstage. Also with facebook or whatsapp we hardly get any time to chat with old friends. In order to stay fit we compromise some hours of our necessary sleep.
We cannot leave our jobs, nor can we curtail its timings everyday. We curtail our lists of interest.

I make sure that at least before going to bed I would read few pages of books that are pending to be read. I utilize few times reading while I travel to office. Though my eyes starts complaining as they need few more rests I still carry on because thats the only way how I can keep my interest alive. I would occasionally log into blogging sites to see what the others are upto. As the word goes "The more you read , the more you know"  only to realize that the time is limited. If you dont complete your work on time you have to stretch and do it. As it is you are sleep deprived and stretching extra hours means added pressure to your body and mind.

I wish we could stretch on the personal side also, devoting some extra hours in our day to day activities.But we wont get more than 24hrs and everything has to be on time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...