Thursday, July 1, 2010

Those were the best days of my life

I have been forced to delete my last blog where I have criticised my college.. I have been forced by no one other than my own conscience. It was probably the last day of my Engineering life that I realised what I am gonna miss the most. It was very strange that on the day I left my home to enter a new phase of my life, I cried the most and also I cried a lot while leaving it.It was hard to understand that these days will never be back again.. All the happiness,fun,enjoyment,laughter will now be a sweet memory.

Actually these college days are so dear to all of us that many people prefer to write down a whole story book. Indeed the four years experience of an engineering college is so much in one's life and the changes it brings so inevitable-- that most of us want to capture those days by writing. In the near future we may never get time to contact our friends,may not get time to visit our college reunions ,those writings will be a fresh reminder of the things that we have left behind.

My college may not have been the best institute, yet I owe to it a lot as it had taught me how to move in life like an independent grown up.From an immature girl who has just passed her school and was not used to stay away from her loved ones,never knew what is "adjustment" I turned to a mature person with more or less an idea of how to adjust with people,what to say and what not and many more. I learnt to do things on my own rather than depend on any one else. I learnt the very minute emotional details of every human being who used to live with me.

I used to curse myself for coming to a hostel.. Now I feel blessed as I have changed a lot due to this --a change obviously for good.I may have faced many odds but those odds taught me a lot. My friends,my juniors and seniors were responsible in most cases.

The four years taught me the true meaning of the word "friend". I was lucky that I have always found a true friend beside me whenever I needed them.One of my friend once said " U will miss these days once u walk out of your college and the experience it is giving u will be required for your entire life".. And it was his comment at my last blog that made me realise my mistake. He was too happy when I finally decided to delete it and write a fresh blog. "At last on the final day at your hostel did u feel that they were not that bad as u used to think" he said happily.

The last day at my hostel was probably worse than the one I felt the day before leaving for the hostel the first time.I was with all my friends gang the very last time not knowing when will the next time come so that we all can be together again.I could not write the comments diary of my friends as it was so painful. My roommate put up a picture of our gang on the wall and I cried seeing it.

One by one we all left crying heavily looking back at our room-- the beds,the posters, the writing on the walls-- everything. I remembered the last song I sang at the college function " Hum rahe ya na rahe yaad ayenge yeh pal". The college which was once mine --I left it to my fellow juniors. Yes it is mine still now and will be in the future too but I will be an ex- student from now onwards.The days will pass by on its own, the college will continue to exist,the students will continue their studies,everything will remain except us. The hostel room will still bear our name but we will not be there.

Today I agree to my elder's opinion that everybody must spend a part of their life in hostel..It is only then that we get to know the world--the places,human nature,the way to deal with problems etc etc... I really miss those those days..

Those were the best days of my life

2 comments:

  1. I was a day scholar in my engineering days and I used to think that I am not missing anything. But when I went for my PG, that was a mandatory residential program... and then I realised what a hostel life means and how very interesting it can be, how one associates so many memories with it....

    We had KK in our college who gave a live performance of "Hum rahe ya na rahe yaad ayenge yeh pal"

    I do miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the story goes the same for everyone who has lived in a hostel irrespective of college,education degree etc.

    ReplyDelete

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...