Monday, April 18, 2016

All about books

I am choosy about everything.Be it food,clothes,color even books. I read them all only if they are interesting enough to catch my attention . Once I am into it there is no leaving. As a book worm I read all type of authors. Some write great stories , some have great story writing style but the content is so-so.

To list down favorite author I would start with Agatha Christie. I am a fan of her books. The way she writes and solves a murder mystery is something which leaves me awe struck. I started her book with "The Crooked House" and then went on and on. She never disappoints me. Her detectives Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, Mr Harley Quin, Tommy and Tuppence , Mr Parker Pyne are by far my most loved characters.

Then comes Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Who can say no to Mr Sherlock Holmes. The suave writing and plots are something incomparable to any other mystery stories.

I must include my Harry Potter series. I am never too old not to read them again and again. I love them a lot and would love to read the 7 series of novel as and when I get time. I am in love with Harry, Ron & Hermione and have never missed any movie of them.

For Indian authors I have liked Chetan Bhagat but not fond of his writing now a days. He has the ability to hook the reader till the end but the content is not upto the mark. Ravinder Singh's books also has so-so content. What matters is the story and the way u r writing it.

A book is something I never regret to buy and build a library of my own. I carry my kindle everywhere and "I am never without a book". I love reading short stories if I cant complete my long novels. I thus reside in my own world most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...