Sunday, September 13, 2015

Thats the way of life

There was a little girl who was very sad and gloomy everyday as nothing she wished came true. One day an Angel was flying past when she heard the girl sobbing. Kind-hearted enough the Angel stopped by and asked the girl what has happened. The girl narrated her plight. To that the Angel lovingly said "Life gives you enough opportunities to fulfill every dream of yours.Why not you start working on the things you want.

The girl was adamant."No Angel you make my dreams come true. I dont want this life. I want a different life with different purpose and everything different." The Angel agreed to fulfill one of her wishes.But the girl had a long list , so the Angel agreed to fulfill one wish everyday.

The girl was very happy. She wrote down all her wishes and everyday she waited for a new day to get one more of her wish fulfilled. But slowly slowly she realized that everything she wished didnt bring her happiness, it brought many unhappy consequences. She started feeling unhappy again and slowly became afraid of every new morning. She was now afraid of her own wishes.

Soon she approached the Angel to take back the charm. The Angel asked her "What happened dear? Arent you happy now? You didnt want your previous life, You wanted everything new. Now when you have all of it, you are still complaining?"

The girl cried " Forgive me oh dear Angel. I was happy with my previous life as I got everything there. I could easily fulfill some of my best dreams had I worked hard. With the new life I have had many consequences which I didnt want. My friends left me, my family disbelieved me. I can do with what megre I had in my previous life if I have my family and friends back. I will work hard and I know they will help me whenever I fall down."

The Angel said "Life is a hard teacher my dear. It gives test first and then the lessons. Everybody is not born with the same capability but everybody has the same equal opportunity to make it bigger. The lessons of life will be repeated until and unless learnt. And thus you understand why God never gives you everything you ask for because everything is not needed to make you happy. Go back my child to your previous life and work hard for your dreams to come true. If you have passion for anything you will fight through all the difficulties and obstacles in your way and God Himself will help you move forward."

1 comment:

  1. One of the biggest lessons of life has been presented in a simple style through a simple story! Perseverance is what we need and with that faith in ourselves and in God, to be happy!

    ReplyDelete

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...