Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Do you believe in miracles?

"Do you believe that miracles do happen?" asked one of my junior as we were having lunch together. I replied " I do." "Well, what makes you say so?" To that my mind drifted 2 years back on a lazy Sunday when I was asked by the Passport office to report due to some inconvenience in the submitted data. Those were the days when the online application was not in use and we have to manually submit all the details to the passport office. As my last address was mentioned that of my college hostel the police did not verify it when they found that I have passed out and is not residing there currently. Hence I was called at the Passport office.

I remember to be in very poor health that day and was almost unwilling to go. My father was furious at me and hence after a lot of scoldings I had to give in and all the time asking my mental strength to offer me some help. As the car neared the office , we got down near a church as there were no proper parking lot. I must admit I am quite fond of churches since childhood. I requested dad to stay outside for 5 mins while I pay a visit to God's home. As I entered I was given a Bible and a paper saying that there are school children present and they will be singing the lines mentioned in the paper. I refused them saying that I am here to pay a quick visit.

As I sat in the benches and looked at the cross my mind started to calm down. Till that time I was in extreme pain and anxiety but slowly my mind became very cool as if there are no pain in this world. I stayed there for more than 5 mins thinking that dad will again be angry. But somehow I didnt feel like going. Eventually I did and the rest of the process happened peacefully. I could stand in the queue for long, went up to the passport officer and had a discussion on what are the corrections needed to be done. There was little I could do to the old application and had to apply a fresh one next year.

I still remember that day as something unusual that happened in that church. I was in such a condition that I could hardly stand in the queue for an hour but the way things disappeared  made me an ardent believer of God. It was as if God's own hand has come to ease all my sufferings.

Another instance I would like to mention is that in college days I was short of true friends. People were selfish, ego centric etc etc . I prayed to God so that I can befriend all of them and become their good friends but God answered in a different way. I got a close friend in the form of an old school friend with whom I never talked while in school. It was through Orkut and Google talk that we started talking to each other. He was by my side at every ups and downs. He became my best friend. Our friendship lasted till I was posted in Chennai during my in job training days. Once I got posted back to my native, slowly slowly the relationship got sour and he left without any reason.

Sometime later I read an article saying that some people come to your life for a reason. They remain till the time they are needed and then without any fault from your side, they leave you. Its God's way of answering your prayers. When their work is done , they leave . To this I remember the lines of Irfan Khan in than movie "Life of Pi" . The tiger was his only friend and reason to be alive in those grave situations, The moment he reached a safe land the tiger left him.

We do feel the pain when someone so dear leaves us but again I cant but thank the Almighty in His wonderful ways of answering our prayers and constantly looking that we get our through the rough patches in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...