Friday, December 15, 2017

Smile, doctor :)

I was casually surfing facebook when I came across a photo of a school friend of mine who posed with her husband for their 1st anniversary. Dressed in a green sari she looked the same plump ,short heighted but sweet and her husband look all the more serious with a grey suit. I happened to recollect a photo of her parents on her wedding day where both looked extremely proud and serious. They all are doctors rather renowned doctors.

My friend( who was the 1st girl of our school) praises her husband to always make her smile and how creative he was as he had designed their anniversary cake beautifully. I was delighted to see her writeup and wondered how is this serious looking guy contains so much humor. Well as it says sochne mein kya jaata hain I committed a big crime in commenting at her photo that I am glad that doctors do make people smile. As for my recent experience with my doctor who is grumpy and speaks nothing more than he ought to and his serious looks make me frightened, I made this light hearted comment without intending any insult to anyone.

I would say commenting in social media is a crime nowadays as people expect nothing to hear other than praises. No, no no we wont hear any of ur slightest sarcasm. We will pounce on you then. As was in my case 2 of my doctor friends(both my classmates) took my joke to their heart and argued seriously that doctors are human too and they can be funny very much.

I will sum up the long serious argument ( where I kept on saying my intention was just simple and not to insult any person or the noble profession) to be like this - the doctors are very much human but patients sometimes think them to be money laundering people, patients dont trust their doctors and in the days of google patients try to counter doctors and most importantly they complain about the fees. All these culminates to make a doctor grumpy.

We somehow ended the conversation on a bitter feeling, she thinking I have hurt her sentiments and I thinking why is she making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Later at night I was laughing at the entire episode and the fact that we seriously tried to prove that doctors are in general very funny guy but due to some unacceptable patient behavior they are forced to remain grumpy. And the dentist friend laughs and smiles at her patients which is natural because none of her patient would be in laughable condition. They would smile back once she has treated them but as she pointed out, the patients wont pay correct fees so it seemed when the patients would smile she would become grumpy again. What a cycle. Smile, dont smile and then again smile.

And all these enlightenment happened for the sake of 1 sarcastic yet harmless comment from me. Well I got my previous assumption to be more solid is what I could infer from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...