Friday, April 28, 2017

Whatsapp guys?

I was watching tv and enjoying my leisure time when suddenly I saw around 10 or more notifications of my family whatsapp group(the group has family members including all my aunts,uncles,cousins) and all there concern was who were missed at a family function. To elaborate there was a family occasion whose pictures were doing rounds in our group and subsequently eating up my memory space. Those who couldnt make it kept on posting "Oh what a beautiful picture, we missed it". To that somebody else replied "yes, we missed you too." And subsequently somebody else commented "was I not missed?" and so on and so forth.

To make things better a cousin posted that we missed everyone in the family who couldnt be present for their obvious reasons. To that the eldest one commented that she felt glad someone has truly missed her and mentioned her name. Now my temper was slightly rising and I started feeling irritated. I typed "didi please stop all this. You couldnt make it for ur unavoidable conditions but there are other occasions lined up and we will surely meet." And needless to say the person got furious on me and blurted out all her frustrations. I politely retaliated because being younger it might not look nice if I give her fitting replies. I took it casually.

Immediately my dad called me up asking me not to speak to her anymore. He is agitated but did not pitch in though. My mom gave me gyan as to why on earth did I write anything in group. I was amazed as to what wrong have I done. I just couldnt take all the dramas and asked them to be practical. And that being a whatsapp group what is wrong if I commented. But no I got all the wrath from everyone.

Discussing this with my husband, he commented that it is very natural to take any other meaning as whatsapp being virtual , you always fail to gauge in what manner anything is being said.

The things did rounds as all my relatives silently supported me but no one dared to do the same at front.And on the next occasion when we did all meet, the eldest person had forgotten it and was busy pulling my legs over other matters.(Being the youngest has its own share of pros and cons)

Needless to say I found all the drama entirely illogical. First , nobody actually misses you anywhere. Second, why do you need people to mention that you are missed? Why is that recognition required?Third, what is harm if you can write your opinion to the people whom u have seen since birth? Fourth why is social media becoming such a place where you are expected to say only nice things and not anything slightest "not nice".

And in facebook everyday do I get updates from relatives in horrible english sentence and spellings. The height being a "tie and die" saree. Another aunt of mine once posted that she wants to become a diamond and only she needs a weapon to help her becoming so. I was so amused that I commented "do u mean a diamond polisher or cutter as weapons dont make diamond".

Others commented "will you give me gold once u become a diamond?" "What weapon do u want AK-47/56"
But the aunt politely messaged me asking not to insult her like this as that message was meant for her business group which runs on the social media. And I was like "WTF" . I replied her back that it wasnt an insult and if u had meant it for others please put a disclaimer and we will refrain from liking or commenting.

Uff too much drama this social media has. So please refrain from commenting even if u find things funny or utter stupid. Give a like or a smiley at the least and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The online saree war

After a whole decade or more, we have finally got a year that is unique and unprecedented. The last one might have been when India got its I...